A tour of the application and some screenshots can be found here
1. Detailed Spending data including spending numbers, trends, pie charts, line graphs, purchases, contractors.
2. Spending data for specific Departments (e.g. Defense Department, Education Department, NASA etc.)
3. Spending data by location (state).
4. Spending data for specific products (e.g. Submarines, Alcoholic beverages, Bombs, Outerwear Clothing, Firefighting equipment etc.)
5. Historical data (upto 2000) and current data with regular updates – a tool that will help the involved citizen who wants to hold government accountable for spending decisions and a tool that will help the casual user understand what the government is spending money on.
The application can be obtained wirelessly through an iPhone or an iPod-touch.
To download the "Government Spending" app, tap the "App Store" icon on your iPhone (or iPod-touch) and search for "Cascade Software" on the App-Store's search tab.
The iPhone "Economy" application is also available through iTunes
The application is priced at $0.99 (0.99USD, 0.79 EUR etc.)
To run the application, you will need an iPhone or an iPod-touch device.
Your iPhone or iPod-touch must have Apple's "iPhone 2.0 Software Update" or a later update.